Finastra works with over 300 community banks in North America. We have recently launched our FusionFabric.cloud open development platform and open APIs and we want to bring your innovations to this captive audience of banks.
We are running an ‘appathon’ over the next four months, to bring new solutions to these banks’ key pain points and challenges. At the end of challenge, a selection committee will shortlist the best apps, who will then have the opportunity to present at the Finastra Universe banking conference in Chicago, September 30 – October 2, 2019.
Who should enter?
Anyone with a great idea – we are all innovators!
App themes for the Community Financial Institutions
1. Saving and Spending control
E.g. AI based savings, bill splitting tools, gamification
2. Personal Financial Management
E.g. Account insights / analytics
3. New engagement channels
E.g. Conversational banking, chatbots
4. Payment solutions
E.g. Real time payments, Direct to merchant, P2P payments
E.g. Fraud detection, Spending alerts
A prestigious selection committee is being formed, with participation from our North American Community Banks; Microsoft; and others.
The appathon entry will close on September 1st, 2019.
10 apps will be shortlisted and the top 3 will be invited to pitch their app to a live audience (in-person preferred) at Finastra Universe, Chicago, September 30-October 2, 2019. At the event, the live audience will choose their favourite app and there will be one winner.
Finastra Universe - Community Markets
September 30 – October 2, 2019 – Chicago
Finastra Universe is a conference that brings together senior executives from banks and credit unions to discuss Fintech and the future of financial services.
The 10 apps shortlisted in first round of judging
- Promotion of your app to North American retail banks
- The 10 apps that are shortlisted in the first round of judging will have their first year initial validation fees waived
The 3 apps shortlisted in final round of judging (prizes in addition to those above)
- Opportunity to present app to captive audience of hundreds of banks
- Enhanced promotional activities
Apps will be judged on a range of criteria, including:
- Relevance to North American Community Markets banks
- Innovative use of new technology
- Business case – does your solution already have clients?
- Capacity to disrupt
- Production ready
Rules of the game
- The appathon entry will close on September 1st, 2019
- The only FusionFabric.cloud APIs that can be used to build your App are the US Consumer Banking APIs
- There is no limitation to the number of apps each Fintech can enter into the appathon
- The app must be live on the FusionStore, or the app validation process must be underway by the cut off date